Ventive was certified by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) in 2015, and since then it has delivered over 100 CPD courses across the UK, helping qualified architects make sense of the numerous ventilation strategies available when designing buildings. We provide two separate CPD courses on natural ventilation.
1. Natural Ventilation and School Design with the New BB101
BB101 is a guideline document for the ventilation and heating of school buildings within the UK. A new version of BB101 was released in August 2018 to stay up to date with the latest advances in ventilation strategies. The course goes into detail on:
- How current school designs are failing the criteria set for them (emissions, operational cost, overheating)
- Regulations and considerations that impact on design decisions for a new school
- What to consider when choosing a ventilation strategy
- How building services can adapt to occupant behaviour over time
- Why a natural ventilation strategy fits with RIBA best practice guidelines for school design
It is suitable for those looking for general awareness, with the ability to deep dive into any topics the audience find interesting. Ventive products reduce carbon emissions and running costs, simplifying the task of compliance with Building Regulations (Part L).
2. Passive Ventilation and Heat Recovery
The history of natural ventilation
- Indoor air quality issues
- Solutions and Challenges
- Case Studies
- A different perspective on retrofitting ventilation
- A new way to consider passive airflow design in domestic dwellings
It is suitable for those looking for general awareness, with the ability to deep dive into any topics the audience find interesting.
Contact us to book your next CPD course today by filling in the form below